Arkham City Batwing (concept design)
Nathan Callaway is a prolific graphic designer and has a Pinterest web page with his work. He is based in the USA. (Image credit: Nathan Callaway)
Arkham City Batwing passenger hybrid-electric VTOL concept design Batman aircraft
The Arkham City Batwing is a one passenger hybrid-electric VTOL concept design aircraft designed for personal use by Batman. The aircraft can be piloted manually or by remote control. The aircraft has voice recognition to make it easy control the aircraft remotely or when Batman is inside the aircraft. The aircraft also has preprogrammed routes in Gotham City that Batman frequently uses to help get around the city with ease. The aircraft is highly maneuverable due to Batman having to fly at fast speeds in between buildings in Gotham City to fight crime and when also chasing other criminals in their aircraft.
The speed of the concept design aircraft is unknown but we know the aircraft is quite fast. The cockpit is in the rear of the aircraft and has a canopy over the cockpit. The aircraft has four propellers, for electric motors and is powered by high powered turbine engines creating electricity for all systems in the aircraft. The Batwing has one main swept modified Delta wing with winglets. Two propellers are located within the main wing and are for VTOL flight and to help with precision flight maneuverability. The aircraft has one horizontal stabilizer with winglets and has two gimballed propellers used for VTOL, forward flight, sideways flight, rearward flight and are used for precision maneuverability.
The fuselage and cockpit canopy is made from a bullet and rocket resistant carbon fiber composite material. The aircraft has retractable landing gear. Some safety features include redundant subsystems in the aircraft, an ejection seat, the aircraft can land in water and float, the aircraft has a whole aircraft emergency ballistic parachute and the aircraft has stealth capability.
- Aircraft type: Hybrid-electric VTOL passenger concept design aircraft
- Piloting: Batman, Alfred (Batman's butler) or other super heroes
- Cruise speed: Unknown but the Batwing is fast and is highly maneuverable
- Propellers: 4 propellers
- Electric motors: 4 electric motors
- Power source: Hybrid-electric power source
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Window: Canopy over cockpit
- Wings: 1 main swept delta wing
- Tail: 1 horizontal stabilizer
- Landing gear: Retractable landing gear
- Safety features: Redundant subsystems in the aircraft, the fuselage and cockpit canopy is made from bullet and rocket resistant composite material, there is an ejection seat, the aircraft can land in water and float, the aircraft has a whole aircraft emergency ballistic parachute and the aircraft has stealth capability.