Join the Vertical Flight Society!
VFS is the world's oldest and largest professional society for engineers, scientists, innovators and leaders working to advance vertical flight. The Vertical Flight Society was founded as the American Helicopter Society in 1943 by the pioneers of the helicopter industry, who believed that technological cooperation and collaboration was essential to advance vertical flight. Today, history is repeating itself with VFS playing a similar role helping to advance today's electric VTOL revolution.
We need your help! To help bring about "The Electric VTOL Revolution," we need your voice, your insights and your leadership to make it successful.
Learn more about the great benefits of membership in the Vertical Flight Society.
We also have special membership packages for companies and universities! More than 75 of our 130+ member companies are working on eVTOL — see who is a VFS member!
The first Electric VTOL Symposium (the "AHS Transformative Vertical Flight Workshop") in August 2014 brought together 100 engineers, scientists and visionaries excited about the promise of transformative vertical flight. (VFS photo)
- Voltline Skyla_V2 (production aircraft)
- Voltline Skyla_V1 (prototype)
- Voltline Skyla (prototype)
- V_Space V Speeder V3
- V_Space V Speeder V2
- Sikorsky Aircraft Hybrid-Electric Demonstrator (HEX)
- ARC Aero Systems C-150 (production model)
- Joby Aviation S4 1.0 (technology demonstrator)
- Alauda Airspeeder Mk4 (hydrogen-electric)
- Coflow Jet CFJ-VTOL TW (concept design)