Video on Demand
Video-On-Demand Courses and Webinars
The following videos are available for video-on-demand sales. Each video can be played repeatedly for up to one year from the date of purchase.
- 5th Workshop on eVTOL Infrastructure, Sept. 2021: This fifth semi-annual virtual workshop focused on infrastructure operations and safety as they relate to eVTOL aircraft capabilities and performance. The workshop sessions include presentations from key players and experts from the industry. 14 hours. $300.
- 2021 Technical Meeting on Modern Operations with Future Integrated Vehicle Management Systems (VMS), Aug. 2021: VFS meeting on VMS for eVTOL aircraft, plus advanced military and civil rotorcraft. 9.5 hours. $350.
- 2021 Successfully Transitioning to Autonomous Vertical Flight, Aug. 2021: VFS brought innovative executives from the world’s leading vertical flight organizations together to discuss the eventual transition autonomous flight. 4 hours. $100.
- 15th Electric Aircraft Symposium, July 2021: The CAFE Foundation and VFS have been working to advance electric aviation for many years and partnered again for the 2021 Electric Aircraft Symposium. Electric and hybrid electric powered aircraft have the potential to significantly reduce air transportation costs, carbon emissions and community noise. 16.5 hours. $140.
- eVTOL Technology Short Course, June 2021: This course provides in-depth coverage of industry-standard battery systems development (BAE Systems), advanced high-power hybrid-electric hardware (LaunchPoint), PEM fuel cells and hydrogen propulsion and as always, the fundamentals of vertical lift and rotor aeromechanics from design to state-of-the-art in acoustics (Alfred Gessow Rotorcraft Center, University of Maryland). 10.5 hours. $325.
- VTOL Aircraft Cost Estimating Short Course, June 2021: If you are an aircraft designer, a researcher, or an engineer with a new piece of technology, this course will demonstrate the economic impact of your work using aircraft cost assessment. If you already work in cost analysis or program management, this course is a great survey of the whole field with enough aircraft design background to help you communicate with engineers. You will leave this course armed with new knowledge to tackle the affordability challenge for helicopters, advanced rotorcraft and eVTOL aircraft. 10.5 hours. $325.
- 4th Workshop on eVTOL Infrastructure for UAM, March 2021: This 4th Workshop is dedicated to addressing the identified policy challenges in eVTOL Infrastructure and plotting out a plan of action in collaboration with the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), State, Regional and Local government to advance eVTOL Infrastructure development. 9 hours. $325.
- Short Course on eVTOL Design (Intermediate), Feb. 2021: This course will provide an overview of eVTOL fundamentals, technologies and barriers, and provide greater insights than priors eVTOL short course into the analysis of configurations, and the pros and cons of different propulsion architectures. 9 hours. $325.
- 3rd Workshop on eVTOL Infrastructure for UAM, Sept. 2020: This 3rd Workshop, the latest in a series of solution-focused workshops, is dedicated to addressing the identified challenges in eVTOL Infrastructure and plotting out a plan of action in collaboration with the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) William J. Hughes Technical Center to advance eVTOL Infrastructure development. 14 hours. $350.
- eVTOL Design Short Course, Sept. 2020: Taught by Dr. James Wang, this course provides an overview of the unique design challenges and opportunities of this new class of vehicles. 9 hours. $295.
- Progress Towards Autonomous Vertical Flight, Aug. 2020: From electric air taxis to unmanned helicopters and autonomous air cargo delivery, this interactive panel fielded questions about large autonomous VTOL platforms. 3.5 hours. $50.
- 14th Electric Aircraft Symposium, July 2020: VFS co-sponsored the 14th Annual EAS, organized by the Comparative Aircraft Flight Efficiency (CAFE) Foundation. Videos from the first (free) day are available on our YouTube Channel. The entire event (12.5 hours of video recordings) is available for purchase for $125 on our Vimeo video-on-demand.
- Challenges and Progress in Electric VTOL, May 2020: Held during the time slot when the VFS Forum 76 was originally planned, this series of two sessions, totaling 3 hours, is an update on the challenges and progress of eVTOL developments, presented by industry experts. $50
- Electric VTOL Technology Short Course, Jan. 2020: The Vertical Flight Society’s Short Course on Electric VTOL Technology was held in conjunction with the 7th Electric VTOL Symposium. The 7.5 hour online course four modules on rotors and aircraft, batteries, motors and acoustics by experts in the fields. The course was organized and led by Dr. Anubhav Datta, University of Maryland. $300
- Electric VTOL Fundamentals Short Course, May 2019: The VFS Short Course on Electric VTOL Fundamentals was held in conjunction with Forum 75. The 4-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and acoustics. The course was organized and led by Dr. Anubhav Datta, University of Maryland. $275
- Short Course on Electric VTOL Aeromechanics & Acoustic Prediction Software, Jan. 2019: This course was taught in conjunction with the VFS Autonomous VTOL/eVTOL Symposium by Dr. Ken Brentner (Penn State), Dan Wachspress (Continuum Dynamics), Dr. Rob McDonald (Uber Elevate) and Alex Gary (Uber Elevate). It instructs attendees on how to use PSU-WOPWOP, CDI's CHARM and NASA's OpenVSP modeling tools to conduct acoustic prediction of Electric VTOL configurations. Download the course description. Only $99!
- Electric VTOL Design Short Course, Jan 2019: This 7-hour course, taught by renowned eVTOL designer Dr. James Wang, provides an overview of the unique design challenges and opportunities of this new class of vehicles. Both electric and hybrid-electric passenger-carrying vertical flight aircraft are covered for a variety of missions ranging from personal/private use to urban air taxis to regional electric VTOL bizjets. Download the course description for this insightful course. $275
- Rotorcraft Modeling Short Course, May 2018: This 5-hour course was held in conjunction with Forum 74 and reviews various rotorcraft configurations and the challenges they represent, examines how static and periodic trim are achieved, and explores blade dynamics, rotor aerodynamics and wake modelling. $275
- Electric VTOL Fundamentals Short Course, May 2018: The inaugural VFS Short Course on Electric VTOL Fundamentals was held in conjunction with Forum 74. The 5-hour online course includes lectures on fundamentals of eVTOL, permanent magnet motors and hybrid electric VTOL experience. The course was organized and led by Dr. Anubhav Datta, University of Maryland. $275
Additional education video (free for the public or free for VFS members only) are available in the Vertical Flight Video Library.
- Voltline Skyla_V2 (production aircraft)
- Voltline Skyla_V1 (prototype)
- Voltline Skyla (prototype)
- V_Space V Speeder V3
- V_Space V Speeder V2
- Sikorsky Aircraft Hybrid-Electric Demonstrator (HEX)
- ARC Aero Systems C-150 (production model)
- Joby Aviation S4 1.0 (technology demonstrator)
- Alauda Airspeeder Mk4 (hydrogen-electric)
- Coflow Jet CFJ-VTOL TW (concept design)