Navar Aero (concept design)
Prague, Czech Republic
Based in Prague, Czech Republic, Radek Stepan is a passionate and prolific design enthusiast with interests in movies, technology, real-time graphics and cinematic animations. Stepan creates concept designs for luxury automobiles, racing cars, trucks, hover bikes, robots, conventionally powered personal aircraft and conventionally powered jets. For advanced air mobility (AAM), Stepan has made an electric helicopter concept design, a heavy-lift hybrid-electric vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) intermodal container air cargo drone concept design and several passenger hybrid-electric VTOL concept designs. (Image credit: Radet Stepan)
Navar Aero urban passenger hybrid-electric VTOL concept design aircraft
The Navar Aero is two passenger hybrid-electric VTOL concept design aircraft specifically made for urban air travel within the same city. The aircraft will be flown initially with a pilot and when the technology matures, the aircraft will be flown by remote control, flown on pre-planned flight routes or by autonomous piloting.
The canopy over the cockpit provides excellent views for the pilot and passenger. There is room inside the aircraft for luggage. The aircraft has a very futuristic design, that the shape of the wings and fuselage can be made with today's carbon fiber composite technology. Carbon fiber composite material provides the ability to custom make almost any shape and still have a high strength and low weight ratio for the aircraft.
While few specifications have been estimated for the aircraft, the design has incorporated two advanced high-performance electric ducted fans-in-wing and each ducted fan is powered by two electric motors. The fans-in-wing are for VTOL flight and precision maneuvering. For forward flight, the aircraft uses a turbine jet engine that is located in the rear of the aircraft. The aircraft has one main forward swept wing providing excellent maneuverability for the pilot. The aircraft has retractable quadricycle strut landing gear. The landing gear is reminiscent of insect legs.
- Aircraft type: Long-range high-performance hybrid-electric VTOL passenger concept design aircraft
- Piloting: 1 pilot (in the future, remote or autonomous piloting)
- Capacity: 1 passenger and luggage (With remote or autonomous piloting, 2 passengers and their luggage)
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Propellers: 2 advanced high-performance electric-duct-fan in wing for VTOL flight an precision maneuvering
- Forward flight: Turbine jet engine in the rear of the aircraft
- Electric motors: 4 electric motors
- Power source: Hybrid-electric power source (in the future, hydrogen fuel cells, batteries, nuclear or another form of energy)
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Window: Canopy over cockpit
- Wings: 1 main forward swept wing with winglets
- Landing gear: Retractable quadricycle strut landing gear.
- Safety features: There are redundancies of critical components in the sub-systems of the aircraft. The electric motors increase the safety of the aircraft exponentially. In case of a partial or complete power failure, there is a whole aircraft ballistic parachute.