Personal Air Taxi 200 (PAT200)
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
VerdeGo Aero is based at the MicaPlex Aerospace Innovation Complex in the Embry-Riddle Research Park in Daytona, FL.
The company is developing a quiet, 2-seat, hybrid-electric VTOL aircraft designed for commercial use in short-range urban transportation networks. The PAT200 has 8 electric propulsion pods on a dual-tilt wing platform. The propellers on the rear wing are pushers and tilt down for vertical flight, while the propellers on the canard are tractors, tilting up for VTOL mode. VerdeGo Aero has multiple patents pending on unique aspects of its eVTOL aircraft, and envisions numerous applications, from urban air mobility to disaster relief and cargo delivery.
Multiple prototypes were developed but the company announced on Aug. 1, 2018 that it was shifting its immediate focus from developing the PAT200 to becoming a supplier to the multi-billion dollar eVTOL market including the ASX Mobi.
The development of the VerdeGo Aero PAT200 is now on hold.
VerdeGo Aero PAT200 Characteristics (Dec 2017):
|Max Cruise Speed
||8 electric motors driving independent rotors
||Onboard generator – liquid fuel Capable of multiple revenue flights between refueling stops
- VerdeGo Aero website
- VerdeGo Aero Technical Spec Sheet
- VerdeGo Aero Facebook page
- YouTube Video: VerdeGo Aero 7, Powering Imagination, Oct 23, 2017
- Press release: Lindbergh builds dream team, Dec. 6, 2017
- Article: VerdeGo Green Team, Dec. 22, 2017
- Article: Verdego Aero VTOL: An Interview with Eric Bartsch, Impakter, Feb. 28, 2018
- Article: VerdeGo Becomes eVTOL Propulsion Provider, Aug. 15, 2018
- Article: VerdeGo Expands Partnerships, evtol.news, Jan. 2, 2019
- Press release: Verdego Aero teams with ASX, Jan. 15, 2019
- Article: Oshkosh e-AirVenture, Vertiflite, Sep/Oct 2019